October 28, 2008
Introduction and translation from Arabic by Adib Kawar
What is taking place in Mosul and other parts of Iraq against the Christian component of the Iraqi people, which is one of its oldest components of the Iraqi society, is not the first crime to be committed by the occupation forces and their strategic ally the Zionist state. It was preceded by the Zionist occupation authority in Palestine… The Zionist entity is trying to empty Palestine of its Arab population by means of pitting the different religious components against each other to ease its control on the whole of Palestine and empty it of its indigenous Arab population… The Zionist entity is claiming that Palestinian Arab Christians are migrating from Palestine as a result of "Muslim aggression and terrorism" against them (!!!), it is the contrary, the Zionist state is the "authority" committing its terrorism against all the components of the Palestinian Arab society…
The Zionist entity claims that Palestinian Christian Arabs are big enemies of their Moslem Palestinian Arabs if not worse than the Zionists… The Zionist entity’s aim is to get rid of Palestinian Arab Christians to tell the world that its fight is against Palestinian Muslim Arab terrorism, and to tell the world that the so-called Jewish state’s enemy is this Muslim terrorism…and to use this also to justify its existence as a Jewish state…
Zionism tried to commit the same conspiracy in Lebanon, it was the conspiracy that was planed against Lebanon by creating a Christian state in it also to justify the building up of a Jewish state in Palestine and to have a religious state of its kind as an "ally" to its racist state, while destroying Arab resistance against Zionism and Western imperialism. Zionism created their project of the greater new Middle East by dividing it into a mosaic of small sectarian and ethnic states feuding against each other, which none of them would be strong enough and big enough to be self sufficient and all are supposed to ask for the Zionist entity’s help against each other.
Iraq is no exception… It is Zionism which pushed and drove the reactionary colonialist U.S. administration to wage a war against Iraq and occupy it because it considers it as a threat to the so-called Jewish state. It is there to splinter it into feuding sects and ethnicities, and the expelling of Iraqi Christians is nothing but a part of this dirty conspiracy…
Christians in Mosul (Iraq), masters of national activism
By: Rafik Abi Younis
Translated from Arabic by: Adib S. Kawar
During the last few days continued protests took place against the forced displacement and assaults on one of the components of the Iraqi society, namely Christians in the Ninawa district and its capital Mosul. (The second largest city of Iraq).
With the development of this dangerous situation it is of utmost importance to stress the following recapitulations:
1. It is not sufficient and persuasive that the counter campaign against what Christians in Iraq should be limited to is protests and denunciations, as what is taking place has exceeded in its size and aims a passing incident against a major component of the Iraqi society, and in particular in the city of Mosul where the plan reaches the extent of complete extermination and expulsion.
2. What is taking place cannot be committed by an expiatory group with limited possibilities by itself to commit such a role throughout Iraq, but it is likely that there is big support by enemy forces led by Israel whose outfits are openly operating day and night backed by U.S. intelligence services. They all aim at destroying the relations that bring together the various components of the Iraqi society and its diversity that is reflected by the Christian presence and their role in the Iraqi society, and so that there will be no more patriotic or national unity, and thus have the stage open for sectarian and denominational conflicts that drives the country one day after another to destruction and fragmentation.
3. The underlying accusations against the resistance forces behind the assaults committed against Christians aim at acquitting occupation forces from the crime and justifying connivance of the Iraqi authority with it.
4. Were not those who talk about the Christians of Iraq, especially those of Mosul, and the oratory speeches begging pity for them, up till lately, and up till the fall of Iraq the masters of patriotism and national activism in Mosul when Iraq was dear for its people and the whole Arab nation.
5. Confronting the conspiracy against the Christians of Iraq and what other Iraqi components could be exposed to, cannot be cured or confronted with denunciations, what is required is quick action to move to drastic and serious action, making it clear that there are prevailing serious conditions. The least that should be done is a call for a national conference that takes upon itself to handle and follow up with the situation, and hosting it in either Lebanon or Syria where many Iraqi Christians took refuge. We suggest that the conference should be held in Lebanon or Syria that are both qualified for the purpose.
Adib S Kawar is a member of Tlaxcala, www.tlaxcala.es, network of translators for linguistic diversity.
Rafik Abi Younis is Arab Relations coordinator of the Christian National Union